Recipe & Image by Felicia
- 2 Tbsp oil of choice
- 1 Can black beans
- 1/4 Medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 Cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 Small whole wheat or whole grain tortillas
- 4 Ounces shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- Optional: 1 can corn
- Optional: 1 cup pre-cooked broccoli florets
- Optional: 1 cup pre-cooked sweet potato
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with oil.
- In a small nonstick saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and allow it to heat up slightly, then add the black beans and sauté about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the chopped red bell pepper, green onions, red pepper flakes, and salt; remove from heat and stir in the broccoli and sweet potato (optional).
- Spoon black bean and vegetable mixture over tortillas, leaving a small border; top with cheese. Fold the top half over the vegetables. Place the quesadillas on the baking sheet that is lightly coated with oil; bake until hot and bubbling, about 8 minutes. Serve with small green salad. Optional toppings: guacamole, salsa, jalapenos.