- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa (we used rainbow, but any kind works)
- 1 grapefruit, sliced thin
- 1-2 cups spinach
- 1 dragon fruit, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into chunks or slices
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 – 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup pea shoots
- 1/4 – 1/2 block of tofu
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cook the quinoa: In a medium saucepan, add the quinoa along with 2 1/4 cups of water. Stir to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to a low boil. Immediately reduce the heat to medium-low, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 13 to 16 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Remove the lid and season the quinoa with salt and pepper.
- Chop the sweet potato into small bite-sized chunks. Place in the oven & cook at 425F until tender (about 20 minutes)
- Cut your tofu into thick chunks. For the tofu, you can either grill, saute or have it raw, the choice is yours (we chose to grill it)!
- Drain & rinse your chickpeas. Place aside.
- To assemble: Grab a bowl, preferably a big one! In the bottom of the bowl, create a bed of spinach. Add all of your other ingredients into the bowl & you’re done. That simple!