Recipe & Images: Lavender + Lavish
10 Minutes Prep, 3 hour Marinade, 20 minutes to Sautee and Plate
Ginger-Sesame Tofu Bowl
- 1/2 block Extra Firm Tofu, chopped into squares
- 2 cups Broccoli, (sautéed in Lemon Juice with minced Garlic & Ginger)
- 1 cup Enokitake Mushrooms, sautéed in Sesame oil
- 1 cup Basmati Rice, cooked
- Optional to top: Kimchi, Green Onions, Red Chilli Flakes, Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce or Liquid Aminos
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, micro planed
- 1 tbsp Ginger, micro planed
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1-4 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 5 tbsp Water, as needed to thin
- Prepare your marinade and completely coat chopped tofu ensuring that all pieces are equally covered.
- Place this in a tupperware container and leave in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Pre-cook your rice, and sautee your veggies to have them ready.
- Before frying your tofu, set aside any marinade that is left over in the tupperware container to add at the end of the frying process.
- Fry the marinated tofu in sesame oil for about 5 minutes on each side at medium heat, or until they’re golden brown and crispy.
- Once each side of the tofu is cooked add the remainder of the marinade and coat each piece until they’re sticky (think bar chicken wings).
- Serve your tofu with your sauteed veggies over rice (seasoned with garlic powder, rice wine vinegar, and a bit of soy sauce), and we suggest adding kimchi, black sesame seeds, and chopped spring onions to finish off the dish.