CARAMEL COFFEE PROTEIN POWDER | BAKED GOOD
Makes 8 Servings
- 1 scoop PROFI Caramel Coffee
- 1 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast (1 packet)
- 4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup Warm Non-Dairy Milk
- 3 tbsp Melted Vegan Butter or Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut or Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Coconut or Brown Sugar
- 2 tbs Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Pecan Pieces
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Pecan Pieces
- 2 cups Confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the butter, sugar, 3/4 cup milk, and vanilla to a gentle simmer until the butter is melted.
- Add the rest of the milk to this mixture to cool slightly.
- Whisk in the yeast and let rest for 5 minutes, until it bubbles.
- In a large bowl, sift together PROFI Caramel Coffee, flour, spices, and salt.
- Once the yeast mixture is ready, add it to the dry ingredients.
- By hand, or on medium in a stand mixer, mix for 5-6 minutes until the dough is smooth and supple.
- Form the dough into a ball, place it into a greased bowl, cover with a clean tea towel. Let the dough rise in a warm space for an hour until it is doubled in size.
- While the dough is rising combine all the ingredients for the fillings and whisk until well combined.
- Do the same for the caramel and the glaze.
- Once the dough has risen lightly flour the countertop and roll out the dough into a rectangle about 1/2 inch in height.
- Spread the filling over the dough, leaving 3/4 inch of room at the edges.
- Gently roll the dough into a log.
- Cut the dough log every 3″ into 8 even pieces.
- Pour 3/4 of the caramel into a 9-inch oven-safe dish.
- Arrange the cinnamon buns ontop of the cream. Allow rising, covered, for another hour.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Top the bun with the remainder of the caramel and bake on the middle rack to 30-35 until the buns are golden and the middles are baked through.
- Allow to cool for 30-40 minutes and then glaze and serve!