- 5 bags (500g each) of chopped onions, butternut squash and carrots – or you can chop up 1.5 cups of those veggies
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (I use the kind in a jar)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Can of red lentils, drained
- 1 Can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 Can of tomato sauce
- 5 Cup of vegetable broth
- 1 Tsp of powdered ginger*
- 1 Tsp of turmeric
- 1 Tsp of cumin
- 1 Tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp of salt and pepper (or to taste)
* Feel free to adjust the amount of spices with your level of heat tolerance. It can get pretty spicy!
- Chop the red pepper (and other veggies if you need to).
- Throw everything in the slow cooker and give it a good stir.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve or store in the refrigerator for up to one week. Can also be frozen.
Recipe courtesy of The Happy Lifter (we suggest you check her out!)