2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
3 Large Leeks, Chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
2lb Potatoes, Cubed
Salt & Pepper to Taste
2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
1 Bay Leaf
1/4 Cup Fresh Chives, Chopped
6 Cups Vegetable Broth
2 Cups Water
1. Melt butter on medium heat in a large sauce pan. Add the chopped leeks & stir until completely coated in butter.
2. Cover the sauce pan & let cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the leeks begin to soften.
3. Add garlic, potatoes, salt & pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add vegetable broth, water, thyme & bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
4. Cover with a lid & let cook until the potatoes become tender & can be pierced with a fork.
5. Uncover & remove thyme & bay leaf.
6. Using an immersion, or counter top blender, blend the soup until smooth.
7. Stir in chives & enjoy!