PROTEIN BOOSTER PROTEIN POWDER | BOLD & FLAVOURFUL | BBQ
Makes 8 Burgers
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 Small Zucchini, grated
- ½ cup Pumpkin Seeds, finely chopped
- 5 ½ tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 3 ½ tsp Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Chili Powder (optional)
- ½ tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 scoop PROFI Protein Booster
- In a large pot, bring broth to a boil, add in the quinoa and the chopped sweet potato.
- Cover and simmer on low/medium for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit covered for another 10 minutes to steam.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mash together with a potato masher or use a fork to combine well.
- Shape this into 8 even patties.
- Preheat a pan on the stovetop with olive oil.
- Fry each patty for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Grill the patties for 8 to 10 minutes (or fry on the stove for another 8-10 minutes).
- Serve with a toasted bun, fresh tomatoes, greens of your choice, red onion, pickles, bbq sauce (Check out our Smokey Maple Bourbon Barbeque Sauce recipe), vegan cheese, sauteed mushrooms, and onions, the possibilities are endless!
Nutritional Values (per patty)
|Calories – 196.3 kcal | Protein – 8.2 g | Fat – 7.6 g | Carbs – 25.5 g| Fibre – 5.4 g |