CARAMEL COFFEE PROTEIN POWDER | AUTUMN | BAKED GOOD
Makes 12 Servings
APPLE FRITTER INGREDIENTS:
- 1 scoop PROFI Caramel Coffee
- 13/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax Seed + 6 tbsp Coffee (or water)
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, peels & chopped
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter or Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 1/3 cups Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- 2 cups Confectioners Sugar (Icing Sugar)
- 1/3 cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Whisk together the ground flaxseed with coffee (or water if you don’t want the caffeine), set aside to gelatinize into a vegan “egg”.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Melt the butter and whisk together with the flax egg, non-dairy milk, and sugar until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Fold together the wet and dry ingredients until fully combined and then gently fold in the chopped apples.
- In a large pot, bring about 3-4 inches of oil to 360°F.
- Carefully, drop dollops of 1/4 cup of the batter into the oil. Make sure to not overcrowd the pot and watching that the temperature remains constant.
- Fry each fritter for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip halfway through to get both sides evenly. Remove with a slotted spoon and allow to cool on a wired rack.
- After the fritters have fried, allow them to cool for 30-40 minutes, and make your glaze during.
- To make the glaze, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and whisk in the milk and vanilla. You should get a thicker glaze that runs off the whisk smoothly. Add more sugar to thicken or more milk to thin it out to the desired consistency.
- Once the fritters have cooled, dip them into the glaze and allow to set for 20 minutes. ENJOY and make sure to leave some for others!