5-6 Large Sweet Potatoes, Quartered (You can also peel them if desired)
1 Cup Non-Dairy Milk (we used cashew milk)
Salt & Pepper To Taste
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, Diced
2-3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
2 Large Carrots, Diced
2 Celery Stalks, Diced
3/4 Cup Mushrooms, Sliced
1 1/2 Cups Lentils, Dry
1 Cup Vegetable Broth
1 Tsp Dried Rosemary
1/4 Tsp Dried Thyme
1 Scoop PROFI Protein Booster
1. Put the sweet potatoes in a large pot & submerge in cold water. Be sure to salt the water. Bring the water to boil & allow the potatoes to cook for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain the water from the pot, add 2/3 cup of the milk 2 tbsp olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Mash the potatoes & add the remaining milk if needed. Set aside.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, bring the 1 1/2 cup of lentils & 3 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer until the lentils have absorbed all liquid & are soft. Set aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions & garlic & cook until the onions are translucent. Add the carrots & celery & cook until tender. Add the mushrooms & cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the lentils, rosemary, thyme, protein powder & 2/3 cup of vegetable broth. Simmer the mixture, stirring well. Add more liquid as needed (don’t add too much as you don’t want a runny shepherds pie!)
6. Preheat oven to 350. In a large casserole dish, pour in the veggie & lentil mixture. Spread the sweet potatoes delicately over top.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until the potatoes begin to darken.