- About 8 to 10 medium sized sweet-tart apples, peeled, cored, and chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 Cup organic sugar or organic light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 Tsp clove
- 1/8 Tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup quick oats
- 1 Cup organic brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup chopped nuts (we used pecans!)
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 Cup melted coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Put the apples into a large mixing bowl & toss with lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove & salt. Place these ingredients into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
3. Whisk together the cornstarch and water, and pour the mixture over the apples. Toss them lightly with your hands to get everything coated with the cornstarch.
4. Add the flour, oats, brown sugar, nuts, salt, cinnamon & ginger to a food processor, pulse a few times to make sure everything is mixed.
5. Add in the coconut oil & pulse the ingredients until they begin forming large crumbs.
6. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples.
7. Bake for 40 to 55 minutes, or until the apples are bubbly & the topping is golden brown.
8. Serve & enjoy! 🙂