Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 Tsps baking powder
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 3/4 Cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 1/2 Cups soft dates (pureed with a splash of almond milk)
- 1/2 Cup Almond milk
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp mixed spice (cinnamon, ginger, clove)
- 1/2 Cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup coconut sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line the bottom of a square 10×10 pan with parchment paper.
3. Mix together all cake (pudding) ingredients together until they’re thoroughly combined.
4. Spread the batter evenly into the pan & bake for 45-50 minutes.
5. While the cake is cooking, begin the caramel sauce by blending the soaked cashews & water in a blender to create a cashew cream.
6. Heat the cashew cream in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the coconut sugar, stirring occasionally until the sauce is thick & resembles caramel.
7. Once the cake is cooled, cut into portions & top with the caramel sauce.
8. Serve & enjoy!