Recipe & Image by Logan
5 minutes prep, overnight marinade, 10 mins to cook.
- 8 Medium sized Carrots
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chilli flakes
- pinch of Black Pepper
- pinch of Cumin
- pinch of Thyme
- pinch of Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup Water
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade (everything but the carrots) in a reusable container large enough to fit all your carrots (4-8).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and boil your carrots for 5-6 minutes or until they’re tender but not fully cooked through.
- Move the carrots to a bowl of iced water to stop them from cooking.
- Place carrots in marinade so each carrot is equally coated and allow to sit covered in the fridge overnight.
- When you’re ready to eat barbecue or dry-fry the marinated carrots for 8-10 minutes, flipping them to a different side every 2 minutes, until they’re browned on the outside and soft enough for a fork to push through.
- Serve on a bun, on a lettuce wrap, or on quinoa with your favourite toppings!