- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⅓ cups canned black beans, mashed
- 1 tbsp olive oil (plus extra for frying)
- 6-8 -medium mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery , finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½-2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2½ tablespoons soy sauce
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1-2 Scoops PROFI Unflavoured *
* For an added boost of protein, add in 1-2 scoops of PROFI protein!
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté the finely chopped mushrooms, celery, carrot, onion, and garlic until just tender. Sprinkle with salt and stir.
- Add the black beans, brown rice, bread crumbs, ground chia seeds, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce, lemon juice and stir until the mixture gets very thick and difficult to mix. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Portion the burger mixture into your desired size patty. You can now refrigerate, freeze, or cook the patties.
- Heat a generous amount of oil over medium heat. Fry each patty for 3-5 minutes.
- Get your buns & toppings ready & you’re all set to build your delicious burger!
Recipe courtesy of ilovevegan