PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE PROTEIN POWDER | HOLIDAY EDITION | BAKED GOODS
Makes 12 Servings
- ⅔ cups Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger
- 2 cups Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Coconut Oil, room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cup Vegan Butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup PROFI Peppermint Chocolate
- 3 ½ cups Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Line 5 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper. Lightly grease the sides of the pan.
- Combine the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar, allow to sit to become “buttermilk”, about 5 minutes.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the sugar, coconut oil, and butter until creamy.
- In a bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add in the vanilla extract to the “buttermilk”.
- Alternate between adding the dry and wet ingredients to the stand/hand mixer, beating until just combined.
- In the end, slowly add the boiling water and mix on low until just combined.
- Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl and ensure the batter is evenly combined – it should be thin enough to pour.
- Divide evenly between the pans (520g of batter per pan).
- Bake at 350°F on the middle rack of your oven (it is okay if you cannot fit all the pans into the oven at once, just let them rest at room temp until there is room) for 32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out.
- Let the cakes cool in their pans for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely before frosting with your favourite vegan icing and decorating for the holidays.