1 Can Chick Peas, Drained
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Low Fat Coconut Milk
1 Medium White Onion, Diced
2 Garlic Cloves, Diced
1-2 Sweet Potatoes, chopped
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tbsp Curry Powder
1 Tsp Ground Coriander
1 Tsp Turmeric
Grated Ginger, To Taste
Salt & Pepper, To Taste
* Want an added boost of protein? Try adding 1 scoop of PROFI Protein Booster to your meal!
1. Heat coconut oil on medium heat in a large sauce pan.
2. Add cumin seeds & toast until they turn brown. Be sure to keep an eye on them as they burn quickly.
3. Add in chopped onions & cook until they become translucent.
4. Add in garlic & cook with the onions until browned.
5. Add in spices & ginger.
6. Add in chick peas, tomatoes (including juice), & coconut milk.
7. Add in chopped sweet potatoes.
8. Let simmer on low for 35-40 minutes.
9. Serve on a bed of rice or quinoa.