Recipe by Sharon
1 Scoop of PROFI protein (any one of the flavours!)
½ Cup raw pistachios
¾ Cup raw almonds
Pinch of fine sea salt
6 large, soft pitted medjool dates
Zest of half an orange
1-2 Tsp orange juice
¼ Cup dried cranberries
- Place a ¼ cup of the pistachios in a food processor and process until finely ground. Set aside in a small shallow bowl.
- Put the almonds and remaining ¼ of pistachios in the food processor with the salt and process until finely chopped. Add the dates, orange zest and orange juice, PROFI protein and process again until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Add the dried cranberries and pulse briefly until just mixed. Small chunks of cranberries should still be visible.
- Scoop about 1 Tablespoon of the mixture into the palm of your hand and squeeze and roll into a ball. Repeat until all the mixture has been formed into “truffles.”
- Roll each ball in the ground pistachios and chill for at least 1 hour before serving to firm.Store in a sealed container for up to one month in the fridge or a few months in the freezer.